Giving Thanks for the Body of Christ in Oak Cliff!
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
– Colossians 3:15
As we approach Thanksgiving, I give thanks for God’s people and the congregations of Oak Cliff. I am grateful…
- …to Calvary Baptist, my grandparent’s home church and the place where my parents were married!
- …for the early formative experience at Kessler Park United Methodist‘s day school!
- …for my baptism and those who discipled me through the years at Cliff Temple Baptist!
- …for the memories of friendly softball rivalries against teams from Rosemont Christian and Tyler Street Methodist!
- …for the incredible support that came from Christ Episcopal, Grace Temple Baptist, and Kessler Community during my time at the Well!
- …for the newer friendships that have developed with the pastors and people of LifePoint and New Life Bible Fellowship!
- …to all those brothers and sisters in Christ that have loved on me and my family through the seasons of life!
- …and the list could go on (Oak Cliff United Methodist, St. Cecilia’s Catholic, Oak Cliff Presbyterian, Cockrell Hill Baptist, …)
Now you personally may not have had as many brushes with the congregations of our neighborhood. However, we all benefit from the work and witness of these churches. Through the collective work of the Oak Cliff body of Christ, the discouraged receive hope, the hungry are feed, the sick are cared for, and the good news of Jesus goes forth!
Therefore, I invite you to the 6th Annual Oak Cliff Community-Wide Thanksgiving Service. We gather this Sunday evening, November 17, at Cliff Temple Baptist Church (125 Sunset Avenue). We’ll join together in worship, listening to God’s word, and celebrating what God is doing among and through the Church of Oak Cliff!
Spread the word, invite a friend, and give thanks for the body of Christ in Oak Cliff!