The mission of BODY| Oak Cliff, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, is to connect, equip, and mobilize the Body of Christ around the mission and love of God, praying and working for the transformation of Oak Cliff.
Our vision flows from Paul’s words in Ephesians 4: “[We seek to] bear with one another in love and make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit: one body, one Spirit, one Lord, one Father of all. [Our mission is to] equip God’s people for works of service, building up the body of Christ, and thus attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. [We are] joined and held together by Him, ever growing and building itself up in love, as each part does its work. (Condensed paraphrase of Ephesians 4:1-16)
As the body of Oak Cliff, we envision a people and movement that…
- …cultivates hearts that are open, vulnerable and available to God, flourishing in beauty and depth.
- …conforms to the way, truth, and life of Jesus, growing in his likeness and Spirit.
- …communicates the good news of Jesus in the most attractive and creative ways possible.
- …commissions God’s people for missional service: all are called, every person is sent.
- …creates missional communities of faith that are known by their love and provide entry points for new sojourners.
- …cares for the marginalized, calling for justice and working towards God’s kingdom come.
- …celebrates the unity and diversity of the Church, so that the world may believe and know God’s love.
- …catalyzes a movement of holistic personal growth, community transformation, and world renewal.
BODY’s Pastoral Leadership Team
- Joel Pulis – Facilitator & Community Pastor
- Jerry Barker – Pastor, Calvary Oak Cliff
- Lorenzo Elizondo – Pastor, LifePoint
- Brent McDougal – Pastor, Cliff Temple Baptist
- Ken Merrifield – Pastor, New Life Bible Fellowship